You’ve seen and read how our Storm8 lobby was recently under construction. No renovation would be complete without including one of the most important things to us Stormies - food! Our old digs was a makeshift eatery in the corner of our second floor. Nothing too fancy, but with great people and our casual culture, we didn’t really need it.
Construction workers sequestered off parts of our office and immediately there was a shroud of mystery around it. What colors did they choose? What will the flooring be like? Rumors quickly spread and it became harder and harder to resist sneaking a peek at the new site whenever any of the construction workers came and went. But our patience outweighed our hunger in the end.
‘Twas the day before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring… Well, maybe, just a few of us were. It was Monday, December 24th and we finally get to see our new cafeteria.
It was absolutely immaculate! The space was completely redone with a floor that added an artistic pop of color, while keeping the walls and carpeting tasteful and practical. It’s hard to imagine how the pre-existing office space and conference rooms were transformed over the past few months. We couldn’t wait to dig in and admire the inspiring new surroundings!
The cafeteria may be a great place to dine, but it’s also a relaxing place to spectate one of our many avid table tennis players! With the upstairs being renovated, the ping pong table has found a new home in the spacious carpeted area next to the cafeteria. Diners can get comfortable for dinner and a show, as our co-workers rally for the win!
There are still a few more finishing touches to be done to the cafeteria, but we can tell it’s already our new social gathering place for all our Stormies. Whether it’s mealtime or in the middle of the afternoon, you’re sure to find just the right thing to fill up your tank!
Can’t get enough of these Storm8 office upgrades? Now is the time to upgrade your career and become a Stormie! We’re currently hiring for several different positions; in particular, we are looking for motivated candidates to fill the roles of Product Manager, UI Designer, Game Content Designer, and Software Engineer. Read more about these positions after the jump!
- Work with game team across the TeamLava organization towards timely and successful project launches.
- Manage live products and features post-launch.
- Build and manage product development of live game titles and help generate new gaming concepts.
- Manage the entire game development cycle, from creative concepts to development to release.
- Own the ultimate responsibility for the success and growth of the product.
- Research and keep up with game market trends, patterns, and customer requirements.
- 2+ years of managing cross functional teams.
- 4+ years producer/product experience in online gaming or consumer internet.
- Bachelor’s degree with history of academic success.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to motivate your teammates.
- Good understanding of social games; A big plus for having the knowledge of the market, the users and social games.
- Previous start-up experience or small team experience is a plus
- Work with Product Managers and Game Designers to develop functional UI flows and wireframes.
- Collaborate with the art team to develop visually interesting UI skins.
- Work with the UI engineering team to implement your designs.
- Be a strong voice of good design and positive user experience.
- Push forward new ideas by taking initiative and making it happen.
- A passionate UI Designer with a wide range of styles and ideas.
- Knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator is required. Flash is a plus.
- A good knowledge of game design, and usability.
- Have an eye for detail that is specific, down to the pixel.
- Ability to multi-task & be able to juggle multiple projects.
- Effectively manage a project from conception to completion in a timely manner.
- A strong communicator and team-player who collaborates and helps others.
- Passionate about games, art, layout and design.
- Experience with Mobile/Social gaming is a plus.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Graphic Design or similar field.
Game Content Designer
- Design and write player goals (quests) for a variety of social mobile games
- Design quests both at a micro level (individual objectives) and at macro level (entire quest trees from first time experience to the end game)
- Craft entertaining and clear game stories through game actions and succinct dialogue
- Weave new game mechanics and content seamlessly into existing game narratives
- Concept new quest items, characters, sounds and game assets
- Implement and test game quests and content for pacing, difficulty, fun factor, and correctness
- Collaborate with production, designers, and engineers to ensure quests are meeting company business goals
- You are a creative storyteller with a passion for creating and playing casual and mobile games
- Understanding of what makes games fun and current best practices
- You can provide a writing sample from 1+ published game
- Ability to keep writing concise and entertaining for a super casual audience
- Ability to write for multiple demographics and game genres
- You’re a team player that can work in an environment where everyone contributes
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our gaming platforms.
- Code and develop features such as in-app purchase and animations.
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility, and reusability.
- Enforce code quality through code reviews and unit tests.
- Aggressively collect, analyze, and respond to data related to product performance.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product, graphics, and game design teams to define our next generation games.
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple and optimal solutions.
- Jedi coding abilities; writing clean, maintainable, bug-free code.
- Ability to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly.
- Strong empathy for users.
- Game development experience is a plus.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field preferred.