Earlier this week, Storm8 had the privilege of hosting the Silicon Valley iOS Developers’ Meetup, which is held monthly in various locations. Storm8 had the honor to speak and and meet over 200+ developers from different areas of technical disciplines to discuss the advancements and breakthroughs of the Apple platform.
Our engineers shared their knowledge and expertise in the developing and growing Apple market.
One of the speakers was Storm8’s Engineering Manager, Justin Ng (developer interview), who talked about Storm8’s approach to game design and development, and shared some secrets behind Storm8’s huge success in the App Store. Justin discussed the challenges of developing a successful application for the mobile market, the key philosophies required to be a successful developer, and key principles to be applied when creating an ideal mobile product.
Storm8 continuously looks to set the bar and raise the standards where everyday advancements in the technological field are growing. With this week’s meetup, Storm8 marks another step towards continued success to be one of the top mobile developers.
If a talented individual as yourself would like to become a member of the Storm8 team, let us know! We’re currently hiring for many different departments; in particular, we’re looking to add stellar candidates for roles like Mobile UI Engineer, Software Engineer, and Technical Recruiter! Read more about these positions after the jump!
Mobile UI Engineer
- A passionate UI Engineer with a unique background in design and front-end technologies.
- Portfolio to show recent work or personal projects.
- Strong programming skills and understanding of object oriented programming.
- Experience with UI development in one of the following: iPhone, Android, or web.
- Experience with Mobile/Social gaming.
- A good knowledge of usability and design.
- Must possess a designer eye/perspective and high level of attention to detail.
- Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Ability to multi-task & juggle multiple projects.
- Effectively manage a project from concept to completion in a timely manner.
- A strong communicator and team-player who collaborates and helps others.
- Passionate about front-end development and design.
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our gaming platforms.
- Code and develop features such as in-app purchase and animations.
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility, and reusability.
- Enforce code quality through code reviews and unit tests.
- Aggressively collect, analyze, and respond to data related to product performance.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product, graphics, and game design teams to define our next generation games.
- Ability to solve complex problems with simple and optimal solutions.
- Jedi coding abilities; writing clean, maintainable, bug-free code.
- Ability to learn different technologies and programming languages quickly.
- Strong empathy for users.
- Game development experience is a plus.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field preferred.
- Manage full cycle recruiting process for Engineering and Technical roles ensuring a smooth and positive candidate experience.
- Work with recruiting and HR team to develop, implement and execute hiring strategy.
- Collaborate with internal clients to understand their hiring needs and goals.
- Screen resumes and interview qualified candidates ensuring a smooth process through offer and candidate close.
- Facilitate interview and hiring discussions with interviewers and hiring managers.
- Drive offer process - including extending offers, closing candidates, and generating offer letters.
- Work with Human Resources team to on-board new hires.
- Act as an internally and externally-facing representative of Storm8.
- Passionate about gaming and able to speak to Storm8 technology/industry.
- 2-3 years technical recruiting or sourcing experience for a search firm or in-house recruiting team.
- Patient, communicative team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Experience partnering with managers, interviewers, and team members throughout the hiring process.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
- Broad knowledge of programming languages, web technologies, software development process and emerging technologies.
- Experience sourcing SW Engineering, Operations and IT Engineers.