Check out our awesome table tennis setup! This new table has been a popular attraction in the office since it arrived. It is a blast to watch so many skilled players volley back-and-forth so effortlessly. Our cheering gets pretty loud because these games can get pretty intense.
We continue to be amazed by the amount of talent we have at Storm8! Do you have amazing table tennis skills you want to show off? You should apply for a position and see if you can take down our table tennis masters. This week, we are highlighting four specific positions: User Acquisition, UI Engineer, Software Engineer/OpenGL Engineer, and Head of Business Development. For more information on these positions, check out the job descriptions after the jump!
- Manage & implement User Acquisition campaigns via a variety of channels.
- Optimize campaign performance across various marketing mediums.
- Continually test campaign management as well as creative strategies.
- Set monthly budgets, manage acquisition goals, and provide daily spend and performance reports around trends and key metrics specific to goals.
- Collaborate with designers to generate compelling creative that drives user engagement.
- Plan, evaluate and manage analytics and funnel optimization programs to increase conversion, repeat visits, new users, viral distribution and life time value.
- Apply expertise in mobile, social, and game marketing to devise innovative and efficient marketing campaigns.
- Develop new insights and analyses and perform detailed data exploration and validation to identify meaningful trends.
- Meet aggressive user acquisition targets while staying within marketing budget, and show measured improvement in unique visitors and reduced acquisition costs.
- Develop, execute, test and monitor effective marketing campaigns, promotions and channels to grow and diversify sources of traffic.
- 2 to 5 yrs experience in an acquisition focused role with heavy focus on data analytics and reporting.
- Experience running and managing online acquisition programs with an emphasis on CPA/CPI and CPC.
- Experience with buying and optimizing programs across self-service platforms such as AdMob, iAds, and working with various ad networks.
- Ability to develop structured and ad hoc campaign performance reports based on requirement.
- Familiarity with various online ESP solutions and campaign management platforms.
- Ability to organize and summarize large sets of data.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel including data manipulation and pivot tables.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelors Degree in a quantitative field.
Nice To Have:
- Ability to rig, weight, and animate 3D characters.
- Ability to turn concept Art into Low Poly models and textures.
- Expertise in animation.
- A passionate UI Engineer with a background in Art and Engineering with solid technical skills.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CS5 & Illustrator is required.
- Experience with object oriented programming is a huge plus.
- Experience within Mobile/Social gaming.
- A good knowledge of game usability and data visualization.
- An undergraduate degree, preferably in Graphic Design and/or Computer Science or similar field.
- Ability to multi-task & be able to juggle multiple projects.
- Effectively manage a project from conception to completion in a timely manner.
- A strong communicator and team-player who collaborates and helps others.
- Passionate about art, layout and design.
Software Engineer, OpenGL
- Code in Objective-C primarily and develop features that uses the iPhone and Android SDK, such as in-app purchase and animations.
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our gaming platform.
- Promote code maintainability, extensibility, and reusability.
- Enforce code quality through code reviews and unit tests.
- Aggressively collect, analyze, and respond to data related to product performance.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, product, graphics, and game design teams to define our next generation games.
- Significant expertise in creating games with OpenGL.
- Experience with 2D/3D graphics, OpenGL ES, EGL.
- At least 6 years of software development experience.
- Strong empathy for users.
- Good problem solving and debugging skills.
- Game development experience is a plus.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field preferred.
Head of Business Development
- Build and maintain a deep network of contacts in all major mobile gaming markets at a wide variety of companies.
- Nurture and grow relationships with companies to understand their strategic direction to evaluate how they align with Storm8 goals.
- Apply insights and emerging mobile business trends to build the business case for potential deals and partnerships.
- Identify business opportunities through a deep understanding of the mobile gaming industry worldwide.
- Identify opportunities, lead the evaluation process by gathering and presenting relevant data to Executive team to build and support the business case.
- Negotiate the business terms, including revenue sharing, promotional support, development costs for porting, and ongoing product updates.
- Work with legal to prepare contracts that comply with company policies and protect Storm8 IP.
- Track and communicate progress on deal closure and performance after execution.
- Demonstrated and current understanding of the mobile gaming industry worldwide. Prior experience working in a high-growth, gaming companies a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in the mobile gaming industry.
- Extensive knowledge of legal contracts and negotiating techniques.
- Successful track record of building profitable business relationships.
- Ability to promote Storm8 effectively to industry leaders and potential partners worldwide.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written.
- Experience pitching and presenting.
- Ability to work closely with product development teams.